A wise woman once said, “It takes a village to raise a child”.
That, and “You can never have enough pantsuits”
…but we won’t hold that against her.
In honor of this maxim (the village, not the pantsuits), this Mother’s Day, I’ll be celebrating not only to my own mom, but also all of the amazing TV moms who helped raise me. Claire Huxtable, Elyse Keaton, Vivian Banks, Kitty Foreman- where would I be without all of their sage advice, no-non sense attitudes and witty one-liners? (Well, maybe a little more well- read. But that’s beside the point.)
Here, with the help of a few GIFS, are 10 lessons I learned from TV moms:
1. Stand Up For Yourself
…. you show those b*tches who’s boss
2. You only have one family, so you might as well make the most of it.
3. Not everything that’s good for you is fun
4. Don’t worry so much about your appearance
………..You can have a harelip, crunchy bangs, or look like Mama June and someone will still love you.
5. It’s Important To Always Be a Lady
6. Every once in a while, you need to eat a piece of humble pie
……………….Unless of course you’re Tina Fey
7. Choose your friends wisely
…….because apparently, everyone is an asshole
8. Don’t ever forget where you came from
9. And When it comes to boys….
But if you really can’t help yourself…
And when you find that special someone…
10. Don’t be afraid to let loose every once in a while:
… and when all else fails,