You guys, I have to begin with a piece of breaking news: SOMEONE RETURNED MY HAIRBRUSH!!!
The lovely cleaning lady at the gym took pity on me when I told her my harrowing tale of loss and sorrow, and directed me to a second location where they sometimes keep lost items. Lo and behold, there was my brush! AND my facewash!
My faith in humanity has been restored. Note, however, that the other two brushes remain outstanding. This means that the probability of a BreezyK hair doll existing continues to be high.
Ross is the hilarious and insightful blogger behind Drinking Tips for Teens, and, more importantly a fellow Nova Scotian. Holla!
And of course, many of you know TwinDaddy of StuphBlog fame from his mysterious StormTrooper Avatar, faithful commenting and UnShitty Trademark. Now go and visit them both! (You know, after you finish reading this post.)
So the rules of the game are as follows:
- link back the person who nominated you (done),
- state 7 facts about yourself, and
- nominate 7 other bloggers for the award.
Wow, this is going to be so different from all my other posts! I never write about myself! (Just kidding, that’s all I do.)
1. I regularly walk into Godiva with no intention of buying anything. I just linger there long enough to get a free sample, then leave.
2. I went snowshoeing last weekend for the first time ever.
I’m not gonna lie, I kind of expected my snowshoes to look different.
Exhibit A: What I thought my snowshoes would look like:
Exhibit B: What my snowshoes actually looked like:
Oh well, it was still a lot of fun, and a surprisingly good workout. Here’s a pic of me and my friends, just killing it:
3. Speaking of killing it, remember my New Year’s resolution to read 52 books in 2013?
Well, I am pleased to report that I’m on book #5 so far this month. That’s right, fools. I eat pieces of literature for breakfast.
Here is the book I’m currently reading/something I hope never happens to me:
Maybe I’ll do some reviews??
4. Lately I’ve been having the urge to cut my hair like Tegan and/or Sara in the video for Closer:
I won’t do it though, because I fear it might be misinterpreted as a cry for help.
5. Sometimes, when I’m running on the treadmill, I’ll just listen to the same song over and over again. Most recently, it’s been this one:
I used to think this was weird/OCD behavior, until Mindy Kaling Tweeted this:
Never stop being my soul sister, Mindy.
Between us, we managed to consume 2 orders of eggs benedict, 7 americanos and an entire bag of donuts.
Hold your applause, please.
7. I went to a one-man show last night called Catalpa. It was at a little indie theatre in TO, and was all sorts of weird and amazing. Dude played over 20 characters himself, including a whale, a seagull and a storm. (Which, for the record, aren’t even human, so….) It’s playing until Saturday so, if you’re in the area, check it out!
Now, to nominate 7 other bloggers:
Lily – My long-legged Canadian homegirl who is also CRAFTY. Jealouss
Karen – As I’ve said before, passing on all blogging awards to her was a condition of our marriage contract.
Katie- She’s sassy and balderdashy. Is that an adjective? I just made it one.
Tori Nelson– Because she is a haute mess. And really, really funny.
Cowboys and Crossbones– Cause she loves cocktails, fashion and nail art just as much as I do.
New York Cliche– A new favorite of mine- I’m mostly jealous of her big apple life.
Cafe – My fellow Torontonian with a MAD set of pipes.
Also, the lovely and talented Sarah of Diary of a House Elf bestowed upon me the Wonderful Team Membership Reader Award.
Since I’m all tapped out of interesting facts, I”ll just skip straight to the
14 9 nominees. (14 is way higher than I can count).
I’m lazy they’re awesome, I’m also giving this one to the 7 b*tches above. And for the sake of equality (and the continuation of our blogging species) I’ll throw a couple guys into the mix:
- Our Life in 3D– he’s giving away candy canes and old Halloween treats! Seriously.
- Ben – because he really needs a reason not to be bitter.
Go check them out! Just don’t be disappointed when they aren’t as good as I am. Just kidding
I’m not kidding.
Question of the Day: Have you ever been snowshoeing?
I swear that’s how you spell it.