Well, it’s Friday, and all I really want to talk about is this week’s episodes of X-Factor (my love for Demi Lovato knows no bounds) and Ian’s epic win on Big Brother 14:
But I can’t, because duty calls.
And by duty, I mean eating my Friday morning almond croissant. But also this:
Rainbowpaths presented me with the Addictive Blogger Award, and I have to write a post accepting the award and passing it onto some other very deserving bloggers:
The rules of the award are as follows:
- Thank the person awarding you.
- Share a little about why you blog and how the journey started.
- Paste the blog award on your page.
- Nominate 10 other bloggers you feel deserve the award.
First off, thank you Rainbowpaths! You’re lovely and oh-s0-international.
Secondly.. why do I blog?
Well, I think Marni from HBO’s Girls put it best when she said:
Just kidding. Sort of.
I started blogging because, like the rest of my generation, I’m narcissistic and entitled and believe that everyone wants to hear everything I have to say all of the time.
Ok, again, that’s not true. (Or is it??)
Really, I started this blog as an outlet for all of my random, ridiculous thoughts on life and to give my friends and family a break from having to listen to me all the time. I’ve kept it up because it’s a lot of fun and a great stress relief. I have a pretty stressful job with a lot of pressure and long hours, and if you don’t make the time to laugh and to do the things you love, then it’s curtains for you, my friend. Coyyytains.
Also, I just straight up love making people laugh. Whether it’s a cat gif or a story about my sad, lonely existence, if I’ve brightened your day a little, then my work here is done.
Now for the nominating part:
One of the other great things about blogging has been all of the funny, talented and creative people I’ve gotten to know through their writing. You guys are sick, and truly inspire me every day. AWWWW.
That having been said, here are 10 blogs I find super addictive:
1. A Confederacy of Spinsters. Some seriously funny chicks. I wish they weren’t anonymous so I could be friends with them.
2. Drunk Good Idea/Sober Bad Idea: I know I’ve said this before, but this has gotta be the best premise for a blog, like ever..
3. Aimless Last Words: She’s young, witty and sarcastic… and basically reminds me of myself 😉
4. The Byronic Man. Dude is hilarious, and knows how to fold a fitted sheet.
5. Stride and Joy: A seriously determined runner who is doing 52 runs in 52 weeks! holla!
6. Kate from Let’s Get Milkshakes: One of my new guilty pleasures- girl is seriously funny.
… and I’m running out of time and have to get to work, so instead of four more blogs, how about I just post 4 more cat pictures from my extensive collection:
Oh business cat. You get me every time. Now go and read those blogs! C’mon. It’s Friday. You’re probably not doing any work anyway.
Oh, and if you’ve been checking the site lately, you may have noticed that the blog has been having a serious case of multiple personality disorder. I want a new theme, but can’t seem to find one I like. For now I’ve got this whole teal/cloud business going on… but it’s seriously starting to look like a Philadelphia Cream Cheese commercial up in here, so I think that needs to be reevaluated.
Any computer whiz kids out there willing to hook a sista up and help me design a really cool theme?? If so, I’ll pay you in almond croissants. But not this one. This one’s mine. Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you think you’re up to the task!
OH and ps. since this post is already 32 flavours of random, here’s a little tune to help get your Friday going. Enjoy!