Over the past week, I have been the lucky recipient of three (count ‘em- 3) different blog awards. All I can say is:
Just kidding. We all know I have a lot to say and would never let a GIF (even one as awesome as this) speak for me. Sorry in advance.
First off, I was given the One Lovely Blog Award by my [military] man Dan Bohmer.
Dan blogs about his deployment in Afghanistan and takes fabulous photos. Go check him out!
I’m not sure what the point of the award is, other than to getting “One Love” by Bob Marley stuck in my head for about 3 days now.. but the rules are that I have to post 7 things about myself and nominate 7 other bloggers. So here goes-
7 things you didn’t
want to know about me!
1.I won the “Little Miss Stellarton” homecoming pageant when I was four years old. It involved an onstage interview, a swimsuit competition, and a lipsynch to “California Girls” by the Beach Boys. I still have my crown and sash. I like to wear them sometimes while I’m watching Toddlers and Tiaras.
2. I’m dying to go to Chicago. Mostly because so many John Hughes movies are set there.
3. Sometimes, when I put my workout clothes on, I like to pretend its my superhero costume. I’m convinced this makes me run faster and longer.
I can’t believe I actually just admitted that.
4. When I was four, I was also the mascot for my sister’s high school soccer team.
5. My absolute least favourite household chore is cleaning the bathtub. And vacuuming. That damn cord gets me every time.
6. For as much as I
need constant attention update my blog, I’m relatively inactive on facebook. I only update my status once every month or so. You wish you guys were that lucky.
7. It’s really embarrassing when a cute guy comes to talk to you at the gym and you look like a sweaty swamp monster and are blasting One Direction on your Ipod. Not that this has ever happened to me.
Now- for 7 blogs!
1. KarensLatte: because it was in our Marriage Contract that I pass on every blog award I receive to her.
2. Adventurespirit. Because she’s a cool cat. And from CHICAGO. I bet her high school was just like the one in Ferris Bueller’s Day Off.
3. The EyeLife. An eye surgeon by day, hilarious blogger by night.
4. The Misadventure Journals. Girlfriend does all kindsa cray sh*t!
6. YourDaily Dose. I met her in real life, and yes.. she really is that beautiful. b*tch.
7. Coffee and Chaos. Because even though I’m totally delinquent on a guestpost I’m writing for her, she still hasn’t written me off yet. Oh, and she loves drinking wine on Sunday mornings. #mykindofgirl.
Next up, Erin at Erin’s DC Kitchen (who cooks lots of delicious looking stuff) gave me both the Kreativ Blogger award and the Blog on Fire award.
For these ones, I have to say 6 random facts about myself. But to be honest, after doing the 7 above, I just plain ran out of steam. So I thought it might be fun to ask each person in my family to come up with one for me.
I may regret this….
Here’s what they said about me:
……..”You always have to get the last word in arguments.. and you won’t let me throw away any of your old prom dresses”
…. “You had a set of encyclopedias when you were little, and whenever you wanted to know something you’d rush to one and look it up”
All I can say is thank God for google. Now I have way more time for reality tv.
My brother, Kristin:
…..”You always have to be done-up with jewelery on, and your nails are always painted”.
Whatever, Kristin. Just for that, imma blow out the candles on your 10th birthday cake:
My sister, Marija:
….”You were incredibly clumsy as a child”.
“Child” is generous. Pretty sure that shit continued way into adolescence.
My sister, Sherene:
….”You wanted to be a fashion designer when you grew up… “
My brother, Stephen:
…..”you used to torture our 2 cats by dragging them around by their front paws. They tried to mutiny on you once and surrounded you in the basement. I had to save you with my ninja skills”.
I’m positive that’s exactly how it happened.
My 7-year-old niece, Lola:
…..”you like to run a lot”
Why didn’t I just ask her to do all of these??
Now for 6 more blogs:
1. Brunch for Every Meal. She’s fiery, and always makes me laugh.
2.The Local Traveller, NS: A great blog about Nova Scotia. Represent!
3. Tris and Trials. My real life law school friend who just killed a half-ironman. Girlfriend is a freaking inspiration.
4. Average In Suburbia. She likes celebs, books and Bon Jovi. Word.
5. Drunk Good Idea/Sober Bad Idea. The whole blog is a genius idea, really.
6. Foodimentary. Did you know today was national fried chicken day? Now you do!
Phew. I’m spent. You’re not supposed to work this hard on vacation! Time to go do a little of this to celebrate:
Jk. I’m actually just gonna go for a cruise around town with my sister and get a coffee at Tim’s. I really am living the dream.