Haaay. Happy Friday, y’all. Hope you all enjoyed Karen’s guest post yesterday on The Friend Zone. Today I’ve got something a little lighter on tap- TwinDaddy of Stuph blog recently nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award, which requires me to write a post accepting the award and answering some questions about myself. Me? Talk about myself? Kind of unorthodox… but I’ll go with it.
Now, Twin Daddy didn’t really give any detail as to what the award was all about, or why he nominated me for it (guess I didn’t pay him enough), so I’ve decided to write my own description. Because hey, I’m a lawyer. I’m good at drafting sh*t other people supposedly said.
So here’s what I think he MEANT to say:
“The Sunshine Blogger Award honours a blogger who is so totally awesome in every way. This person is not only hilarious, brilliant, and really, really, ridiculously good-looking, but also the “fun one” at every party. Amazing at everything they try. The “Marrying Kind”. Wherever the Sunshine Blogger goes, the skittles rainbow follows. Despite popular belief, it was the Sunshine Blogger, and not Chuck Norris, who once won a game of connect four in 3 moves. The Sunshine Blogger is cooler/better looking/funnier/more powerful than….
The Dos Equis Man (AKA: the most interesting man in the world):
And This panda:
That’s high praise Twin Daddy. High praise.
Anyway, on to the rules of the Sunshine Award (which is fitting, because it’s raining cats, dogs, and suit-wearing pandas here in T-DOT today. I need a little sunshine in my life):
- Include the award logo.
- Answer 10 questions about yourself.
- Nominate 10 other fabulous bloggers.
- Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blog, letting them know about the award.
- Share the love and link the person who nominated you.
It’s question time, yo!
- What’s one of your favorite books from childhood? This is kind of embarrassing because I was a certified book-worm as a child. Literally. Whenever I wasn’t polishing off full bags of Oreos and endless bowls of Lucky Charms, I was reading. I was obsessed with “The Baby Sitters Club” series.. there was also this series called “Silver Blades” about figure skating teenagers.. “The Boxcar Children“.. I’ll just stop now.
- What are you reading right now? I feel like this question is sort of misplaced, because if you really wanted to know me, you’d ask what’s on my PVR. But lucky for you guys, I didn’t write this sh*t. I’ve been reading two books for an embarrassingly long time now- The Marriage Plot by Jeffrey Eugenides, and Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris… which is actually a collection of short stories. But it’s got pages.. with words written on them, so, still counts in my books. (<— see what I did there?)
- What’s a go-to meal you make on busy weeknight? I’m beginning to think this little “quiz” was designed just to embarrass me. First of all, “make” is generous, because I’m pretty sure all I ever do is heat shit up in the microwave or pour cereal into a bowl. But when I’m not doing that……. yeah, who am I kidding. I only do that.
- Favorite season? Fall. For a few reasons (1) it’s my birthday, bitches! (October 31 to be specific. If you’re looking for gift ideas, I’ll take anything from here, here or here. (2) clothes. I much prefer actually wearing them. and (3) I played soccer growing up and school soccer season (Sept-Nov) was my favourite time of the year. And no, I don’t play anymore.. still just livin out those glory days.
- Favorite thing to do in your free time? write, watch reality tv, go to concerts, traipse around the city by myself, shop, catch up on celebrity gossip. Basically anything useless, really.
- Favorite magazine? People Stylewatch… US Weekly.. I don’t really discriminate. Chances are, if it’s got a Kardashian on the cover… I’m probably gonna read it.
- Favorite author? Nick Hornby
- Favorite color? Purple! Once, in grade 11, I went away on a field trip, and when I came back my mom had redone my entire bedroom and painted it dark purple. Best day of my life, hands down. You’re welcome for that pointless and unsolicited story.
- Favorite movie? Zoolander. Love Actually. About a Boy. High Fidelity.
- Do you prefer reading short stories or novels? Depends on my mood. If I don’t have a lot of time, and just want to read a bit before bed, I love a good short story. If I ever take this blogging side-show on the road someday, I’d like to transition into short story writing. Then I can use more words to tell everyone how crazy I am.
So enough about me- here are 10 other awesome bloggers to read. Unlike me, they all blog about actual “topics”, rather than just all the sad shit they do.
- Karen from The Chronicles.. because clearly I’m obsessed with her.
- Michael Cargill
- Kvetch Mom
- Saskatchewan Rose
- Harley Soccer Mom
- The Healthy Fit Diva
- Miss Demure Restraint
- Classic confusion
- Elias Cresh
And I’ve already linked him, but thanks again Twin Daddy for the nomination and for being such a faithful reader and commenter! now everyone head over and check him out!
Question of the Day: What book are you reading right now?
(I stole a question from the list cause I’m lazy. And I just want to know how much smarter/more civilized you all are than me).