This has been an A+ week for The Camel Life. First, by some fortuitous glitch in the system, my Twitter post was Freshly Pressed on Monday. Then, I was lucky enough to receive the Liebster Blog Award from some fine-ass chicks over at Random Female Blog. And as if all of this weren’t enough, Kourtney and Kim Take New York premieres on E! this Sunday night. Everything’s coming up BreezyK.
Besides this providing me with unlimited blog fodder for the foreseeable future (Kim and Kris’ breakdown documented on film? Enough said), another takeaway from all of this is that I have to do a little acceptance post for the Liebster Award. It’s really too bad that this wasn’t happening in camera, so that you could all see me fake-cry while doing the Queen wave and carrying around a boquet of roses. But this will have to do.
I actually had no idea what the Liebster award even was… but it sounded vaguely German, so I called up my German friend Stephanie and asked her. Apparently it’s some antiquated term that basically means “Dearest”.. which is cool, but also in complete conflict with my
Simpsons-based extensive knowledge of Germans: that they are not all smiles and sunshine. Actually, that’s not all I know about Germans. I also know that Turkish isn’t afraid of them, and that they like to smoke pipes (possibly corncob, unconfirmed), paint driftwood, grow beards, and garden. At least that’s what my former german landlord used to do.
Anyway- enough about that. One of the terms for receiving the award is that I have to nominate a few bloggy friends it as well. So here we go:
- The Skinny Jeans and Starbucks Chronicles – my fellow Toronto homegirl, I’m giving her this award because
I wanna be friends with her in real lifeshe’s funny, insightful, and a great writer… oh, and because she once tried to pay for a Timmie’s Double Double with Canadian Tire Money. Mad respect.
- Tremendously Tremendous– an actual real-life friend (count: one) who has recently started a blog. He hasn’t written much yet- but I think it’s gonna be good.. and if it’s not- then WE’RE NOT BUDS!!
- Poet Prodigy– Putting the fact that she and I are obviously going to have a duel to the death over Colin Firth aside, she’s also super sharp, and a great read.
- The Blog of Otis – written from the perspective of the author’s cat, Otis, this one gets me everytime. And I don’t even like cats.
- Young American Wisdom– A mom who, in her words, “has become a spectator in her own life”, her stories about the hilarious antics her kids get up to make me laugh everytime. Seriously. I heard it on the bus.
So enjoy the good reads peeps- and I hope you all have really, really, ridiculously good weekends- and happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends! My sister is in town again this weekend, which for me will probably mean being drug around the mall unwillingly, talking smack about innocent bystanders, and watching endless hours of shark coverage on the discovery channel. Good times.
Question of the Day: What are YOU doing this weekend that’s exciting?
Or- alternatively, teach me something else about Germans. I have a feeling I’m not getting the full picture here.