So imagine my surprise yesterday when I discovered that Tinkerbelle over at Laughter Is Catching nominated my newby-blogging self for the Versatile Blogger Award:
Here is what she said:
The Camel Life She hasnt written much yet but I have a really good feeling about this girl. Maybe I’m like Simon Cowell discovering Leona (lol) but I think she is going to be great, so get reading nice and early.
Now, I’m new to this whole blogging thing, but let me tell you, my inner attention whore was very pleased to discover that the blogging community involves self-congratulatory platforms such as this one. That being said, I am more than happy to participate in the rules of the game for receiving the award:
- Thank and link to the person who nominates you
- Share seven random facts about you
- Pass this award to five new blogging friends
- Contact and congratulate the awarded bloggers
So first of all– THANK YOU TINKERBELLE! I’m bleeding mad love for you, girl. Your blog is great, and I give you huge credit for helping to increase my followers from 2 to.. well 5, but that’s still almost three times as many.
And P.S. I’d also like to thank you for ensuring this song has been stuck in my head for the past 24 hours straight:
Secondly– 7 random facts about me.. because I know you are all dying to know:
- I had an unhealthy obsession with punctuality as a child. I would wait for the school bus to come at least 40 minutes before it’s designated arrival time; and for the first two years of elementary school, I would not play outside at recess, preferring to remain sitting on the steps so I could be the first one to go back into school. (go ahead, you can feel sad for me)
- I have always wanted to live in London, England… notwithstanding the fact that I’ve never actually been there. In my mind, I will wear wellies, unselfconsciously use terms such as “rubbish” and “petrol”, and find the real life Hugh Grant equivalent in “About a Boy”
- One of my greatest pleasures in life is receiving a text message that makes me laugh out loud. I love doing this for others, as well… particularly at inopportune moments. In law school, I would send my friends texts in the middle of lectures when I could tell they were checking their phones, comparing the prof or a classmate to the latest youtube sensation, and delightedly watch them stifle laughter.
- At the risk of losing all of the indie cred I have accumulated in the past 25 years, I will admit that I both watched, and immensely enjoyed the Justin Bieber biopic “Never Say Never”
- I played the
starringsupporting role of “The Snake” in my grade 5 musical production of “Once Upon A Lily Pad“. This involved a painfully insufficient costume of a stuffed snake wrapped around my body over a leotard, and a solo entitled “Deep Water“….nevermind that I couldn”t carry a tune in a bucket. Those poor parents.
- I’m thinking of adopting Kim Kardashian’s habit of always putting on a white bathrobe when she comes home from work or gets out of the shower (the robe must be white exclusively- black, or any other colour makes her feel “dirty”). I think that this is completely appropriate/normal behaviour, and would lead to an overall more luxurious life.
- I am the youngest of 5 children, and my two older brothers and two older sisters are arguably my best friends in the entire world.
Third: pass this award on to 5 new blogging friends:
Hmm. I haven’t had the chance to develop many blogging “friends” as of yet… (this coming from the girl who just admitted that her siblings are her besties)- but here are a few blogs I have been
stalking reading for quite some time now:
- Rachel Wilkerson – hilarious musings on life.. I particularly enjoy her vlogs on the disappearance of white girls
- Skinny Runner – ridiculously awesome runner who just so happens to also have a mercurial wit and a flair for self-deprecating humour… I basically hate her
- The Healthy Hipster- Shes healthy. She’s a hipster. She lives in Toronto. all good things in my book.
- You Look Fiiine – Danna, a friend from undergrad, started her own blog about Halifax street style.. I <3 it, and it makes me nostalgic for home
So there you have it- click through and check out some of my favourite ladies, and stay tuned- I’ve got some serious randomocity headed your way in the next couple of days ;)